2017 PRICES and BASIC INFORMATION
Welcome! I hope to answer most of your questions about a session here, but if your question is not covered, by all means contact me by phone, text, or email. I do not require a deposit prior to our session so please bring your full fee with you to your session. Checks can be made payable to either Fairly Candid or Mary Mouser. By booking a session you agree to having some of your images posted on my blog. I promise to do my best to make our time together a fun one and deliver images we can both be proud of at a fair cost to you. My goal has always been to have your images completed and your DVD or flash drive burned and in the mail within a two-week period. Naturally some things may prevent that, but I work hard to do so. If you have any questions about any part of the process, please don’t hesitate to ask as I am always happy to help. 🙂 Now, please read on for more information about your session so we can have some fun!
To contact me, please email me at email@example.com
or call or text (208) 869-2820. Thank you!
1. About Your Session
If you have a favorite location you would like to be photographed at, that would be great — but if not — I would be happy to suggest one for you. Do you prefer nature with trees, or a river, a bridge, or maybe old peeling structures or barns? What about downtown urban with buildings and stairs? Most of my sessions usually start around 8:30 or 9:00 for morning sessions (or earlier if preferred) or any time after 4:30 for afternoon sessions. The earlier and the later allows for the best light. (Note: as we move into Daylight Savings Time changes, session times will also change.) Most sessions will last approximately an hour to be certain we have lots of variety in your photos. You will receive a DVD and copyright release with my favorite images, all fully edited and in high resolution so that you can print the size you prefer where you prefer. Along with your DVD, I will also send you a Cropping Guide Information Sheet with tips on making your prints come out as beautiful as possible. Additional DVD’s for other family members are only $10 each. Travel to Nampa will have a $20 travel fee added on.
2. What to Wear (Or Not to Wear)
Here are a few basic guidelines on what to wear to your session. For the guys, a nice fitting sweater or long sleeve wrinkle-free shirt is always classic. Please refrain from graphic T’s (this includes children) and be careful of black clothing as it collects all types of hair and lint (especially fleece). Be sure to have a fresh shave before the session as well. For the girls, you can layer clothing and add texture with scarves or a chunky necklace and earrings and don’t forget your nails — they will show in many images so should be free of any peeling polish. Carry lip stick or lip gloss to reapply throughout the session as needed and if your skin is less than perfect you might want to consider a light foundation. Blemishes will be removed during the editing process but foundation can improve the overall image. If you wear a dress, please keep in mind that I will be posing you on the ground for variety in your images. It’s nice to coordinate colors with the others being photographed, but they don’t necessarily have to “match”. Wearing complimentary colors, some solids, some prints, some subtle stripes etc. will add variety and spice up your images. Or pick one color and have everyone wear different shades of that one color in different prints. Try to coordinate with the “season” of your session as well. Bright summer pinks and the fall colors of nature might compete against each other. Do a Google search under “what to wear” and you will be bombarded with all kinds of wonderful images. Have fun with it!
1. NEWBORN “LIFESTYLE” – $200 for 20 images or more. Because of time and space issues, I am no longer taking “posed” newborn sessions at my home but I would love to come to your home for a more relaxed session with you and your baby. I will bring along some props and clothing pieces so that if baby is sleeping soundly, we can attempt a few formal newborn shots as well.
2. CHILD – 6 months and Older – $150 (one child) 15-17 images. Once babies start sitting or walking on their own, they are particularly fun to photograph … and don’t forget their first year session where you might want to bring a cake or balloons. I can photograph babies and young children in my home during the winter months or at an outdoor location (weather permitting) the rest of the year. Sorry, my indoor space is too restrictive for families. Add $25 to include a sibling.
3. ENGAGEMENT or COUPLE PORTRAITS – $175 for 17-20 images
4. HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS – $200 for 20-25 images (plan on 1-½ hours to include travel) – You’re only a senior once and times like these can’t be rushed! Bring along several outfit changes and any special props you wish to include and we’ll drive to several locations for a nice variety. I promise we’ll have some fun!
5. FAMILY SESSION (up to 4 immediate family members with additional at $25 each) – $200 for 18-25 images . Your images will include several family poses, parents together, siblings together, and children individually.
6. “EXTENDED” FAMILY SESSIONS – $300 plus $25 for each additional family member over 6 people. For all extended multi-family sessions I will take a wide variety of family shots and breakdowns as part of my standard session and will discuss any additional poses you may want prior to our session. Images will vary due to numbers of people.
Thank you and as always, keep smiling! Mary
Call or text (208) 869-2820