Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here’s what I’m grateful for this week.
1. Jesus. He loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.
2. The hubs of 38 years. The one that can frustrate the heck out of me over something insignificant but later stitch me back up with a positive attitude, loving swat on the behind, or sweet “I love you”. Yeah, do that more often. 😉
3. My four G-Babes: MJ, who just turned 4 in October, talks so loud and so fast with such passion as if to tell me every single thing he has learned in the last however many hours. 🙂 He’s our sweet and charming Superhero and loves having me read him the classic Fairly Tales. Baking together is a special joy as well. He is a story teller who loves his dad more than any kid I know. Sydney, who turns 4 New Year’s Day, has decided that playing with my iPad or iPod should come before anything else … something I need to reign in a bit since I’m the one who started it! She is truly the best big sister I know and the most inquisitive girl as well with question after question after question. She is still a free spirit that radiates joy. Jayden, at almost 20 months has randomly taken to running to my legs and giving them a big hug (melt me). He communicates very well and if I don’t understand he reaches for my finger and directs me to what he wants. He is still Mr. Lover Boy and when he is over he wants to be where I am. He is a joy to be around. Simone, at 19 months, has changed the most dramatically the past month by communicating everything she wants to say, literally jumping with joy and giving the sweetest smiles making me forget she was the one who used to give the best “stink eye”. She now nods her head in agreement with an “ah-kay” and gives the best monkey hugs. What fun she is. They all wear me out like no other and make me laugh and love like no other.
4. My children (who were at one time #3 until the four #3’s came along) :-). I am grateful for Megan’s honest outlook in life and the fact that she has always been my biggest Fairly Candid support. Robby and Matt are both comedians and take such good care of their families and I am grateful for their muscle this week. Danielle is Mrs. Social Party Giver and was so gracious to host Thanksgiving again this year. At last count I think there were 32 coming from our families! What memories it will be for the adults and six little ones.
5. My friend Gloria (and her hubby Michael), who offered to come help me with a belligerent printer. I took her up on it and she rescued me at just the right time.
6. A passion for photography even amongst chaos.
7. Catching Fire (read the book … you’ll understand).
8. And probably the most exciting thing I am grateful for this past week … an offer on our home of 20 years! An older-than-us couple looked at the house on a Tuesday afternoon and we had a cash offer that night. A big thanks to our realtor, Lawrence Fields, who helped us make it all happen after 62 days on the market. Let me just say there were lots of God moments involved and lots of excitement. With the cash offer we were given three weeks to move out and we said “deal”! December 12 will be our closing date so Merry Christmas to us! I am close (hopefully) to securing an apartment for us to live in temporarily while we look for a downsized house on one level. If you are a prayer warrior, boy could I use you right about now. 🙂
So, what are YOU grateful for? To all of you, have a joyous Thanksgiving.